Are you selling your home? You need a certificate of compliance from the local fire department that shows your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms meet the requirements for a sale or transfer.
Before scheduling an inspection for a One or Two Family Dwelling, please ensure you have met the following requirements:
- Make sure you have the proper type of detectors, they are in the proper locations, and that they are working properly.
- Make sure house numbers are visible from the street.
- Make your appointment in a timely manner. There are no immediate inspections.
- The inspection fee for a One and Two Family Dwelling is $50 per unit.
- Combination Smoke / Carbon Monoxide detectors MUST have a tone and voice alarm to distinguish the type of alarm.
- Fuel Oil Storage will be permitted if applicable. Fee: $25 per tank. No abandoned oil tanks are allowed on the property.
- ALL New detectors MUST be 10 year sealed battery.
The Winthrop Fire Department also inspects Residential and Commercial Tanks, Fire and Sprinkler Alarm Systems, and more.